Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Carrying out My Game Plan

In effort to continue strengthening my confidence and proficiency using strategies to seamlessly integrate technology into the content area instruction I need to consider the resources needed to carry out the actions listed in my GAME plan.  My goal is to comply with NETS-T 3 modeling digital-age work and learning through knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society (ISTE, 2008).  The 3 plans of action include continuing my graduate course work at Walden University, applying the knowledge learned during this course study – as well as any independent research that I may pursue to further my professional development, and further developing my class blog for the upcoming school year to include a monthly newsletter, calendar with weekly agenda, pictures of students at work, topic of learning, and student learning presented via voicethreads and other digital tools.

Resources I will need to carry out my plan include my laptop, course work and videos, access to the internet to obtain my course work in that it is an online program.  When considering the application of the knowledge learned, the resources vary depending on the digital technology being learned.  Most of these technologies are online based and I have learned depending on the number of students or the type of work they are engaging in there are yearly subscription fees that enable you to gain access to more tools, control, and accessibility that your class may need.

2 comments:

  1. Sara to Kaladia:
    You sound very organized with the resources and information that is necessary for you to carry out your GAME plan. I think that you have some great ideas for your class blog. It might be helpful for both students and families to have a resource page on your blog. This could include links to other sites that would be helpful while completing homework. Are you planning on attending any professional development classes when you return to school? These could also provide valuable resources and information to help you carry out your plan. As I was thinking about my GAME plan and the resources that I would need I realized I would not be able to include everything right now because new ideas and strategies would come up. You seem to also be open to needed more resources as we progress through our GAME plan. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    Thanks for the idea about adding links to assist with homework. I usually post them in the newsletter but it would be good to have them stay on the main page as a resource.
    Yes, I do plan to attend professional development upon returning to work, however, technology based trainings focus on how to use the software that comes with new curriculum such as accessing the resources on their website.
    Thanks for your comments and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete