Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Monitoring My GAME Plan Progress

My action plan does not need modification at this time.  I do need to begin selecting the standards that I want to focus students’ learning on during their authentic experience of engaging in inquiry research using digital tools that model digital-age work.  Tomorrow I will be reviewing the stories that are presented in our anthology that support informational learning.  I remember during guided reading using a leveled reader that discussed the scientific method while informing us about dolphins.  This story could be one of the read alouds that I use to teach reading strategies and skills, science information, and geography skills while at the same time activating and or establishing background knowledge that leads to an authentic learning experience integrated with supportive technology.  I know that allowing students to explore their own choice in inquiry is critical to motivating and maintaining engagement, however, since there is an extensive amount of standards that students are expected to master during the year, I want to constrain their choices by focusing them on authentic learning experiences that align with state mandated standards.  My goal is to create an authentic learning experience that is comprehensive in nature crossing curriculum lines.

While I have read through informational material on the Edublog website teaching procedures on how to enhance blog sites, I have yet to join the constructing of knowledge by engaging in their professional learning community.  I am already a member of their site and have actually subscribed to their blog.  I have read them and mentally noted information that may be useful in future learning activities.  My reasoning for not posting a question on the site as of yet is because many of the questions I have, have already been addressed through other subscribers’ post.   

I am working on a letter to parents asking for their email addresses as this will be the preferred communication tool to share concerns and pose questions ensuring that students receive timely support for academic success.  This is something I would like to include on the class website and parents may comply with this request during open house using desktop computers in the room.  I will need to seek information on exactly how to embed the fill in the blank and submission form to the blog site.

1 comment:

  1. Sara to Kaladia:
    You really have great steps to take toward achieving your goals. I like the informational reading and strategy skills to begin your inquiry. I know you want to have some constraints on the students regarding their choices. Can you use some of your science curriculum and/or standards to have the students complete the inquiry based project? If you introduce it with the reading activities this may naturally lead to a project in science and the students would be well-equipped to read and research for the project. Great job continuing to learn on edublog. That will be a terrific resources for the coming school year. It is a good idea to have your blog up and running for your open house. That way you can explain it to the parents and if they have any questions you are there to answer them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete